About our Firm
Holy Family Convent
Assessment of continuing usage of
a historic facility
A large convent complex that initially housed a large order of Nazareth
Sisters currently constituted 50 members. The complex was established in
1907, had a chapel added in 1913, a second residence hall added in 1956, and
a third residence hall in 1967.
The complex currently was oversized and was in non-compliance to life safety
standards, violated the village building codes, lacked energy efficiency,
and needed extensive building repairs.
David Zeunert & Associates presented four schemes that explored demolishing
certain buildings, upgrading others and adding necessary new components.
This analysis entailed the following procedures:
Procuring the building drawings from
the village archives
Complete on-site examination
Collaboration with village building
Coordination with professional
engineers on mechanical equipment
Environmental consultation on
Contractorís examination and cost
A fifth scheme illustrated a new design complex.
This report was required for the Sisterís ruling order in Rome for this
||Existing site plan
||Existing floor plan
||Proposed floor plan
Copyright © David Zeunert &
Associates. All Rights Reserved.